<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, April 25, 2004

It begins... 

Well, its been a long battle, but seeing as how I journal anyway, I figure why not take it to the W3 where millions of people can see into my world. Its something every writer should do. I guess its the inner-exhibitionist in me trying to bust out. I've got friends who have blogs and, at first, I didn't really see the point in them -- even while journaling, myself -- but something clicked for me. I get it now. I understand the voyeuristic appeal to them. And why shouldn't I? My vocation, for now, is in reality TV -- voyeur's delight. What I won't be doing here (something I could never do) is slam people online and then smile in their face when I see them in "The Real World." I think that's what really irked me about some blogs I've come across. So it's debatable now whether I'm part of the internet problem of shutting off communication from everyday reality and confiding in the compubox or whether I've hitched myself to a method for therapeutic rambling. In this instance, I don't think time will tell.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?