<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, April 26, 2004

Money for nothing. 

I finally swallowed my pride and filed for unemployment. It's the first time I've ever done so, but this was an emergency. After being on hiatus for 3 weeks, I got rammed with an onslaught of bills. A mysterious trio of outstanding parking tickets (admittedly my fault), registration renewal fee for my car, insurance and car payments, cell phone. My car (steady and reliable) has been a financial nightmare. Every 3 months at least, its good for a financial setback. It all adds up fast when you don't have money coming in. Not to mention, as of now, I'm short for rent money. So yeah, the glass has been broken for an emergency. I hate it. I just need a little something to tide me over.

Shit like this makes it more imperative now than ever that I start actually putting some money aside; saving. Never know when I'll need to crack the piggy bank again. And I hate the concept of loafing my way to a check. Now I've made myself into a hypocrite. But there are those who rationalize the benefits I receive from unemployment as being justified. After all, those are my tax dollars they're giving back to me. I guess I should be entitled to it given the line of unstable work this industry offers. Curse you TV job for being so fun and yet so unreliable!

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?