<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, April 25, 2004

They don't need more Mbeki. 

I'm from Cape Town, South Africa. My whole family is. We immigrated shortly before I turned 8. Pretty much all my extended family is back there. As you can imagine, South Africa holds a special place for me. So I like to keep up on events there. And with all the trouble they've had adjusting to democracy, I can't imagine that more Thabo Mbeki is what that country needs. Yes, he ran unopposed, but he's still bullshit. Crime is rampant, poverty is through the roof, the income gap is absurd, and at last check every third person in S.A. has HIV or AIDS. Mbeki, it has been documented, doesn't believe that HIV leads to AIDS. HOW?!?! How is this man the leader of a nation??!?!?! I hear he's not sure about how gravity works either. His government is corrupt and he's not doing anything to change it. Granted, it takes a long time for democracy to settle in a nation unaccustomed to it, but another 5 years of Mbeki will delay that adjustment by at least another 5 years.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?