<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, April 25, 2004

Turns out she's not weird. 

Fuck me. Customizing this thing is nothing short of a pain in the ass, especially if you're computer-retarded like myself. The internet is a strange thing. That includes friendster.com. Yeah, I'm on there. I don't know why, but I am. It's a big fad that peaked last summer, but its also an ego boost of sorts. People go on there seemingly to reaffirm that they have friends -- real ones that walk and talk not just in cyberspace but in real life. Anyway, turns out there are some cool people on there. Back in October, this girl (for purposes of anonymity we'll call her "friendster chick") messages me out of the blue. We IMed or whatever; emailed. Seemed like a nice girl. I live in LA and she's in Phoenix, but seeing as how I'm currently in Phoenix visiting my folks, I finally meet her in person last week. She's supposed to be an internet weirdo, right? No. Turns out, she's pretty damn great. 3 1/2 years older than me, but still pretty great. Oddly enough, the older woman thing has become a recent trend for me, so I don't consider it an issue. Anyway, Friendster Chick -- my god, "chick" is such a stupid word... fuck it, her name is Becky -- says she'll be visiting Los Angeles in a couple weeks. I'll definately see her then. Hopefully, though, I'll get to see her in Phoenix before I drive back to Cali on Wednesday.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?