<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, May 30, 2004

Two Sundays 

It's going to sound annoyingly stupid, but this long weekend has sort of displaced me mentally. By that, I don't mean I'm crazy, however I don't feel quite myself either. Maybe it's because I went to bed three different times on Friday. Maybe it's because this first Sunday (tomorrow -- Monday -- will inevitably feel like Sunday, too) is enough to jolt me out of the constant work rut I'm in and allowed me to take a step back and reflect. There's been a good mixture of new faces among this weekend's activities, so the last couple days haven't been typical, per se. But I don't know. Something is not right. It's like I'm an android who is trying to avoid reaching their natural frequency for fear they'll explode. That sounds looney. That sounds lonely. I suppose this all boils back down to the void I've written of earlier in this page of rambling foolishness. I've almost given up entirely on actively searching for a plug to gap that void. I feel like I meet enough random people that one of these days, things will fall into place. But as with the law of diminishing returns, I don't know that my surroundings are producing any quality results. I don't really feel like posturing any more than I might do (and I rarely do). I don't feel like I always have to be "on." And I'm resisting the urge to cease putting forth any effort at all. If I let that happen, then I'm just a fool. Curse these bloody standards of mine! Curse them. Apparently, they're not the only thing about me that has been cursed.

It's a beautiful day outside. Cool, sunny day.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?