<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, May 09, 2004

Ugh... 

People keep telling me that the last two days were the weekend, but I don't know if I believe them. Prom in Space was an amazing success. We got the place all space-afamafied, tons of people showed, everyone looked snazzy. Awesome. I was sporting a sharp black tux with a red shirt and black button cover. Looked sharp, received lots of compliments on it. Felt good to look so good. I kinda wish now that I just bought the tux rather than rented it. But really, who cares? Oh, and I also purposely matched my date's dress (she wore a nice black dress with red accents) which, admittedly, made us a sickening yet cute couple. Then came the boos...

Somewhere between a slew of picture-taking and schmoozing with every guest -- must've had at least seventy people show up -- I consumed mass quantities of alcohol. So much so that by the end of the night -- well, the end of my night, at least -- I was jostled awake after being passed out and forced myself to puke in order to avoid alcohol poisoning. Even now, I still feel a bit dehydrated. But yeah, when you've downed twelve cups of "punch," a couple beers, two glasses (not shots) of Goldschlagger, a shot of Early Times whiskey, and some straight Popov... It tends to makes sense that you'd want to -- if not have to -- throw up.

The next morning, I awoke with a terrible hangover. But wait! I got something around eight hours of sleep! So what gives? Why the hangover? Oh that's right, it's because I still had more alcohol coursing through my body than I did blood. So I stumble downstairs, grab a drink of water, then collapse on the living room floor. I'm laying there on the hardwood, the dirty hardwood from the night before, still in my tux pants and shirt, just hopelessly splayed out. I'm told that just out of my reach was a pillow, but I didn't have the strength nor the willpower to grab it. My roommate actually brought me a glass of water, but when I found it impossible to lift my head off the ground, she brought out a bendy straw that hung within reach of my lips. Quite the accommodation. I was like that for an hour. People would enter the house to find me sprawled out on the floor, laugh, and then check my pulse to see if I was still with the living. Eventually, I got some food in my system. But that food was Arby's*. I kept it down, but ho damn... Maybe not such a good call.

So the bulk of today (Sunday... I think) was spent recovering and motionless. Totally managed to miss the Lakers win over the Spurs. Did catch the overtime of Calgary beating the Sharks, though. And then there was a barbecue to attend. And my friend's concert/live CD recording. So, really, not that much recovery time. I feel bad about not cleaning a lot of the house. But the nice thing about prom is that it left little mess. There is still furniture and pictures that need re-arranging, though. Oh God...

*Sidenote: Arby's has a "healthy menu" that features market sandwich wraps. These wraps are... wait for it... low in CARBY'S. Yeah, that's right, CARBY'S. Needless to say, everyone associated with Arby's loses.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?