<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, May 05, 2004

You say something nice and this is what you get. 

Yeah, did karaoke last night with the usual crew. Good times, etc, etc. Rocked some Neil Diamond, Journey, and Bon Jovi. Then this girl who I haven't seen in forever because she managed to alienate herself from the group (let's just say she has a rep for being clingy and insane) gets up to sing. She's never done karaoke before, so whatever, people are supportive. She sings that Four Non-Blondes song, the name of which I can't recall but that shouldn't matter seeing as how they only had that one song. Oh yeah, "What's Going On?" That song. Anyway, she performs it, nails it, gets a big applause. I tell her she was dead on after she joins the rest of us. No big deal. End of story. I've talked to her for maybe 5 minutes before that out of the 2+ hours we'd been there. Come to find out today that she thinks my compliment was intended as a come-on. But her reaction was such that she felt an air of superiority about her. Very 'oh that was nice of him to say, but he's probably hitting on me. *turns nose up in the air*' This gurgling twat thinks I was hitting on her. Really? Honestly? I couldn't have been more matter-of-fact about saying, "hey, you really nailed that song." That was it! End of dialogue! I actually moved over to the other side of the room afterwards to talk with other people. You know... friends. I don't have any of her contanct info. As far as I'm concerned, I never have to see her again which would be a pleasure. That neurotic little twig, I swear. I don't even know why I care about this. She can think whatever she likes. In the end, she's fooling herself. I suppose the socially disfunctional stories I heard about her were true.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?