<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, June 10, 2004

Blah 

That's the feeling. A little fried in the head right now.

Went to bed at midnight last night. Earliest I've been to bed in well over a week. That's mostly my own fault. But I'm over-tired right now and thinking about a lot of stupid things. At the forefront for this entire week have been two dubious anniversaries. One is the 10 year anniversary of my Nona's passing and the other I already wrote about. Both have me hyper-aware of the passing of time. It waits for no man and, furthermore, seeks to make him depressed.

Watching this miserable Lakers game right now. Those last two minutes from game 2 (when Kobe Bryant sent all of Los Angeles into cardiac arrest) not withstanding, I've never ever seen a heavy favorite look so absolutely awful. They're just getting outplayed by Detroit. Simple as that. It's a fan's worst nightmare: your team is the dominant goliath heading into the series, only to be exposed as soft, erratic, and lacking in intensity. They just don't care as much as the Pistons. Frustrating.

And my oldest friend is going through a veritable shitstorm right now. He left town for good this morning. His father's health is in question. I can't help but sympathize. I grew up with him. I grew up with his dad. They're like family. Rough times.

Living situation? Don't ask. We're determined to rent out this crawl space and that's all there is to it.

At least I've had fun the last couple nights. Karaoke on Tuesday, singing classics like "Welcome to the Jungle," "Rock You Like a Hurricane," "Piano Man," and "Take On Me." Wednesday I saw the latest Harry Potter. Definitely the best of the three films thus far. Very fun. Makes me wish I was a thirteen year old wizard studying at Hogwarts... with Alan Rickman as my hysterical professor.

Well, better get back to watching the second half of this miserable Laker performance. Hopefully they made some halftime adjustments.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?