<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, June 05, 2004

I'm the bass player 

I hadn't seen them before last night, but apparently I bare a striking resemblance to Marty, the bassist/keyboardist of The Shins. I noticed it, the three people I was with noticed it. Something strange is going on. At any rate, it gives me hope that I can also be a bass player in a rock band. All I need is a bass guitar, lessons, and a band. I figure those will all be pretty easy to come by.

The show last night was pretty good. They played for a little over an hour. Just about all of their slower songs were sped up a tad just to keep the energy flowing. Otherwise, the translation from cd recording to live show was impeccable. I was also, for the first time in nearly forever, really taken by the lighting design of the show. When they played Mine's Not a Horse, for instance, I was totally transfixed on the lighting, forgetting at times that the band was rocking out on stage. Strong show. I enjoyed it.

And now the weekend is here and I plan on being lazy. I'm going to watch my hockey and my basketball and after that I don't much care. Something will inevitably happen to disrupt the laziness. I probably won't be opposed to it.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?