<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Please don't have a lockout. Pleeeeeease :( 

I'm sure some of you will be delighted that this will be the last ice hockey post for some time. But I will be sad. Aww...

Yeah, so last night was the penultimate match. Game 7 -- the highest drama sport has to offer! The Lightning prevail and deservedly so. Hmm. Someone here said the Lightning would win in seven. Oh yeah, it was me. Aren't I just so adorable when I gloat. I know what you're saying, "You're not adorable, duder, because you never gloat." I thank you all for that back-handed compliment.

Seriously though, the final ten minutes of last night's game were incredibly intense. Give Calgary all the credit in the world, but for the first time during the playoffs, they looked flat (last ten minutes aside).

Now I hope and pray the owners and players can reach a middle-ground on the collective bargaining agreement. I'll be crushed if an arrangement can not be brokered this off-season and the owners lockout the players. Some European-based stars already have contingency plans, agreeing to tentative contracts to play with clubs in Europe.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?