<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, September 23, 2004

Random miscellaneous 

- I'm flying to Phoenix in a couple hours for the weekend to see my folks over the big Yom. It'll be nice to get some home cooking. One of the best meals of the year is the dinner when breaking the fast. Mmm... everything tastes so... aahlulhaalaa...
I'll be flying out of Burbank, thankfully. Stuck in my head: "Leaving on a Jet Plane." Yes, I realize Peter, Paul, and Mary did it first, but you'll just have to deal with the link to Chantal.

- Athletes are infinitely quotable. Every now and then, they offer up some gems. But this? This is a wealth of wow. This is why we interview athletes.
Virginia's Marquis Weeks caps off his 100 yard kickoff return for a touchdown. "That was just instinct. Kind of like running from the cops," said the senior tailback. -- Washington Post after Virginia's victory over North Carolina. Clearly -- clearly-- I need to watch more University of Virginia football games.

- I heard today that a wrestling icon from my childhood passed away today. I haven't been able to find confirmation, but let's take a moment of silence for The Big Boss Man. I still remember that Summerslam from ages ago when he teamed with Hulk Hogan to beat Earthquake and Dino Bravo. Dino Bravo, heh, that guy lost all the time.

- Paul Bettany is actually very good in Wimbledon. Yes, try get over the fact that I saw this and just accept that it's passable fluff. Enjoyable, if not sometimes ludicrous. It's a rental. And yes, the Dunst isn't very good in it.

- If you're sometimes desperate to talk sports, I found a forum that might be able to help you. It's in the community section at Sports-Central.

Okay, that's all I got right now. Peace out to the brothers on Cypress and try to avoid getting caught in any Sexy Hass scandals.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?