<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, September 26, 2004

Shaun of the Dead 

This is pretty much just a blatant re-posting of what I put up on Begum just a few minutes ago, but this movie kicks some serious ass. It's a riot, lots of fun. Hilarious. Your fun time is virtually assured.

You have to remember, though, that "zombie-comedies" don't come about all the time. So "Shaun of the Dead" does limit itself to the plot conventions of most any zombie movie. However, not only is this intentional, you realize after 15 minutes that you wouldn't want it any other way. I totally recommend this flick, duder.

I think maybe some of my enthusiasm for the film may be derived from the fact that I knew virtually nothing about it heading into the theater. Hence, no expectations or hype (I realize the irony here as this post no doubt has your expectations rising, but try ignore that and just heed my recommendation). No better viewing experience than going into a movie cold and thoroughly enjoying it. Guys, I laughed my ass off and I'm really picky about comedies.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?