<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, October 18, 2004

Everyone has AIDS 

Or so I'm lead to believe, thank you Team America. Those puppets are hilarious, but at any rate, this is about the 10K AIDS Walk which went very well. Sort of. I'm proud to say I raised $325 to chip in to the estimated $3 million the event garnered. Though I wasn't pleased during the actual walk itself. This has nothing to do with money or that it was gloomy outside. No. It has everything to do with the raging hangover I had thanks to a raucus night out. A little more than a half dozen shots of jagger and Jack plus about ten beers = why the fuck am I being woken up at 8am? That's the life of a rockstar philanthropist, I guess. Dropping jaggerbombs the night before he does his part to fund AIDS research. Oh, and somewhere between drinking like Caligula and stirring in bed a couple hours later, I walked home from the bar in the pouring rain. I'm so smart. My, was it pouring. And guess who was wearing a leather jacket? Yeah. To be fair, I left for the evening before any word of rain, but sloshing through it on the way home (someone asked me why I didn't take a cab. I have absolutely no idea. I couldn't possibly have been thinking clearly, let alone at all.) I was forced to turn the jacket inside out and carry it, thus leaving me with one less layer. I only realized when I fell out of bed that my shirt was still damp.

Moral of the story: Drink as much as you want. You have a strong stomach. If you have to deal with lots of a-holes yelling into bullhorns early the next morning, so be it. You can handle that even if you're ridiculously dehydrated and hate life. Cheers.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?