<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, October 08, 2004

Parting Shots 

In the likely event I don't post anything over the weekend, here are a few predictions for the next three days.

- In tonight's town hall-style debate, President Bush will make no less than four blunders, yet will stay on level ground in the polls with John Kerry.

- The Dodgers will be eliminated from the playoffs this weekend.

- When getting my car serviced for it's 30,000 mile inspection tomorrow, the mechanic will be wearing a blue shirt. Also, they'll try to upsell me on the special fuel cleanser. I will stubbornly deny them.

- College football. The winner of tomorrow's USC vs. California game will not only go on to win the Pac-10, but play in the national title game. The winner of tomorrow's other major clash, between Oklahoma and Texas, will not.

- No heavy appliances will leave my house.

- Come Monday, unless I say something, I will be overlooked for stepping up and doing half of my superior's job in addition to my own in lieu of her slacker attitude. I will be most pleased by this!

- Over the weekend, I'll receive at least another $50 in donations for AIDS Walk Los Angeles. You know you want to help. The philanthropist within you is begging for a chance.

- My four mortal locks for victory this Sunday in the NFL: New England over Miami, NY Jets over Buffalo, Indianapolis over my true-to-form Oakland Raiders, and Arizona over San Francisco. Bank on it.

- My email inbox will have 49 messages solely from the WGA listserv I'm on. I will be annoyed by this, yet also feel obligated to check each and every one.

- Friday Night Lights will finish #1 at the box office with $19.3 million. It will also underwhelm me, as I am incredibly snobby when it comes to sports movies. I already have a ticket to see it tonight and, quite honestly, am hoping for the best. I pray that the rave reviews are not purely hype and that "FNL" is better than, say, "Remember the Titans" (a perfectly fine movie, but not a classic as some people are suggesting FNL will be.)

- The lovable voices of The Philosobees will dominate much of Friday and Saturday night. They will cause one of my roommates to assault me.

- I will be drunk only one night this weekend.


|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?