<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, October 28, 2004

Roger Ebert: Friend of the working man 

I'm sure I'm not making any earth-shattering declarations when I say that Roger Ebert, generally, is the best film reviewer in the country. I don't always agree with his reviews, but I can appreciate his view point on virtually all of them. But enough about his reviews. This post is directed at respecting the man for using his high profile to help better the working conditions of his fellow employees.

Roger Ebert vs. Conrad Black: This time it's personal.

Favorite exchange:
In his letter, which was also sent to the Chicago Tribune, Black reminded Ebert it was the "generous treatment from David Radler" that was responsible for his $500,000 salary and other compensation.

At the end of his letter, Black wrote that "your proletarian posturing on behalf of those threatening to strike the Sun-Times and your base ingratitude are very tiresome."

Ebert took the last shot.

"Since you have made my salary public, let me say that when I learned that Barbara received $300,000 a year from the paper for duties described as reading the paper and discussing it with you, I did not feel overpaid," he wrote.


Thank you, Roger.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?