<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

The signs 

As the exit polls roll in, things are starting to tense up. Kerry just took down Pennsylvania handily. Could this be happening? Could the Bushies be on their way out? I won't be satisfied until Kerry crosses 270 EVs before saying yes. I'm avoiding any, um, optimism, shall we say because I'd rather not be disappointed. The signs are there, though. The stock market was down this morning. The Redskins lost on Sunday. But what about Missouri? They always pick the winner! Right now, they're leaning towards Bush. In some twisted way, I hope Bush actually does win Missouri, but loses the election. If only so that this whole nonsense of omens can be put to rest. Is the stock market omen more meaningful than Missouri? Shut up. After all, the Red Sox* just won the World Series. All bets are off.

*Red Sox are based in Boston, Mass. Kerry? Maybe?

I'm going home now.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?