<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, December 06, 2004

Forgone conclusion 

Yesterday I did something I almost never do: watch sports. Now I'm talking about them. Man, I never do that. Anyway, the title of this post is in reference to the Philadelphia Eagles chances of playing in the Superbowl this year. You may as well pen them in as the NFC representative. Yesterday, they dismantled Green Bay in a game that was supposed to showcase the two best teams the NFC had to offer. Philly was up 35-0 at halftime, 47-3 after three quarter, and finally 47-17 winners. For my money, Green Bay is still the second best team in the NFC. That's how much of a gap there is between the Eagles and the rest of the conference.

I stand by my preseason prediction of New England over Philly in the Superbowl. Pittsburgh is playing well, yes (and Roethlisberger was able to lead an impressive drive yesterday, keying a win over Jacksonville despite the absence of "PFJ" on his shoes), but I think they'll lose to a Patriots side that has Corey Dillon in the mix.

What about Indianapolis? Yeah, what about 'em. The offense in on fire and will probably earn Peyton Manning MVP honors, but they can not put up 40+ points against the like of New England or Pittsburgh or even Baltimore for that matter. In the end, the Colts will be an also-ran.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?