<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, December 26, 2004

The most upset I've ever been 

Just a couple hours ago, I received a voicemail from my dad that my brother had been in a car accident. Apparently, some asshole ran a red light and broadsided him. Unfortunately for me, I was out with friends and didn't receive the message until about 1:30 a.m. -- an hour after it was left. In the message, my dad left the cross-street of where it was the accident occured and said he was picking up my brother. An hour late or not, I rushed over there as soon as I could. Little surprise that my brother and dad weren't still there, but the cops were. As was the truck that was towing away the shambles left of my brother's car. Also there... the guy who ran the red light. He was draped in a blanket, watching the tow truck take away his pick-up and my brother's totalled car. Two police officers stood beside him and surveyed. As I drove towards the intersection, I could see the shattered glass littered all over the street. I screeched my car to a halt upon getting there, rushed out, and gasped for breath as I saw what used to be my brother's car. Being in a wreck about two and a half years ago, I know what it's like to go through this sort of stress. The last thing I want is for my little brother to go through it. I rush to the site and the cops ask if they can help me. I ask what happened to the guy in the blue car and they say his father picked him up and that he had a bum knee, but was otherwise okay. I breathed a heavy sigh of relief, then asked if they had the guy who hit him. He was standing right beside me. Draped, as I said, in a red blanket and wearing a green hat with a yellow "A" on it (not an Oakland A's cap), I made eye contact with him as the cops pointed him out to me. His guilty, beedy eyes met mine and I stared him down for a good twenty seconds before asking, "Are you happy with yourself?" The cops interjected immediately before I was able to escalate the situation further, telling me that the guy fessed up to everything on the report and had the decency to stick around. The decency? Like he's a fucking saint or something?! Rather than risk arrest, I stared the guy down further before storming off to my car and speeding home, going about 90 mph in a 65. My brother does seem to be alright, though my parents both tell me that he was in quite a state when the accident occured. We're going to have him checked out tomorrow to make sure he's okay. I swear to God and anything else a person might find sacred, if not for those cops I would've ripped the red light runner's head off and shit down his neck, then ripped him apart limb from limb. The cops say there was no alcohol involved, but I don't care. He smashed into my brother. He wrecked his car. He could've killed him. One hell of a mistake. Some people say it's wrong to wish death upon someone. I must tell you, I don't much care about being "wrong."

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?