<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, January 14, 2005

Arizona vs. UCLA 

I've gotta say, I'm really looking forward to this matchup tomorrow (in addition to the NFL playoffs). I've been saying for a while that UCLA is pretty underrated and can do some real damage later this season. Well, at the moment, "later this season" means "right about now." It should be a tough test for the Cats, even at home. I think last night's 9-point win over hapless USC did little to erase the memory of their disappointing loss at Stanford last Saturday. The Bruins proved their mettle to a degree last night by winning at improved Arizona St. and overcoming one of the five best players in the country in Ike Diogu. Both ASU and UCLA have made drastic improvements from a year ago and both look very capable of securing invites in March to the tourney. I'd say those two along with, of course, Arizona and Washington, and perhaps Oregon (should the Ducks survive conference play) will be repping the Pac 10 come NCAA time.

While we're talking college ball, I just have to reiterate that North Carolina was my preseason #1 and they look every bit of it. B.J. Elder or not, the way they polaxed Georgia Tech this week told me everything I need to know. They're the most-talented team in the country by a sight and the difference between this year and last is that the Tar Heels are now playing as a team rather than a collection of individuals. UNC, along with Illinois, are several cuts above everyone else in the country.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?