<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, January 21, 2005

It's back to work for me 

The President's inauguration took place yesterday. I guess that matters. Inaugurations always struck me as a semi-meaningless formality, especially given that they take place 2 1/2 months later. At least it was a modest ceremony without too much unnecessary fanfare. Oh wait...

Sundance film festival kicks off today. Still something worth tracking, but it's becoming less of an event every year. Ah pretension...

College bball continues to roll along and March can't get here soon enough. Arizona picked up an important victory at Oregon last nightl; a win they needed to help re-establish dominance in the conference after a slim victory over UCLA and the memory of the disappointing loss to Stanford from two weeks ago still lingering. Always tough to win at Oregon. Next for the Wildcats is Oregon St who has proven to be a tough opponent on their home floor. The Beavers just dismantled Ike Diogu and Arizona St. last night, so UofA should be on guard.

NFL conference finals on Sunday followed by a two week break before the Superbowl. I hate the two week break. I understand why it's there -- the NFL hype machine -- but it's just too damn long. Sometimes in the past the length between conference final and Superbowl has only been one week and I wish they'd just keep it that way. Football in February just doesn't feel right. Anyway, still sticking with the Patriots and Eagles to win this Sunday.

Then there's me. With a couple weeks to go before my car insurance rates mercifully drop, I'll be heading back to the salt mines come Monday the 24th. Returning to my life will be this thing called "structure" (I know, I don't get it either). Gone will be the days of waking up at God knows what time, debating whether or not to spend the day at the beach or drinking, and staying up through the night watching random crap on TV. It'll be sad, but it was inevitable. Plus, it'll be nice to have those steady paychecks once again. Oh, and word is that my show got picked up for another five seasons! Eep. Guess I won't have any more time off until 2009. Yay!

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?