<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, February 26, 2005

The good son 

Sorry, no Culkin in this post. The "good son" in this case is me. But really, the "smarmy son" would be more accurate. Why? Today is my parents' 27th anniversary and on top of the cards and other arrangements I have already sent to them, I sent the following message on an egreeting:

Dear Mom and Dad,

If the two of you never got married, I wouldn't be here. So even if you're kind of tired of the whole marriage thing, now, you have to figure it was worth it if only for me. Have a happy happy happy anniversary and thank you both for everything.

Love,
Alan

It's short. It's sweet. It's true. Tell me you can do better and I'll buy you a nice shiny treat. Like a half a loaf of day-old bread or something exciting like that.

Enjoy your Saturday.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?