<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, February 18, 2005

This country is screwed 

No, not the USA (although check back in a couple years for a real horror show). I'm talking about the homeland. I can just imagine Mbeki now. 'Hey, if we pretend HIV/AIDS isn't a big deal, then it isn't! Wait, what's this? Our mortality rate has rocketed into another stratosphere in the last five years? Well, I don't understand why. Argh... I don't know what I'm doing.'

But hey, there's hope isn't there?

Health Minister Manto Tshabalala-Msimang, speaking on Friday before the Stats SA figures were released, said the government was doing its best amid confusion about the extent of the disease and numbers of people needing treatment.

"Give me a country that has precise figures. Everybody is working on projections and we were working on projections too," she told reporters in Cape Town.

"You really are working in the dark ... so you just give the medicines hoping God will help us and be on our side."


So screwed...

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?