<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, March 28, 2005

Deron Williams, you're on my shit list for life 

This weekend was a waste of time. Crushing beyond recognition.

I can still win a healthy sum of money if Illinois does win the national title. I don't even care. As a sports fan, I've never been more embarrassed in my life. Needless to say, Arizona blinked (and didn't stop blinking for four minutes) and the "neutral court" Chicago fans did the rest. It was a choke job, pure and simple. A humiliating choke job. There is no solace to be taken by the fact that we won the Pac 10 title or that Illinois is the top overall seed in the tournament. Those things just don't matter. They don't. Not at all. Seeing a weak team like Michigan State advance to the Final Four out of a pathetic region only compounds the sorrow.

Upsetting. Stupid.

On the plus side, I did see Woody Allen's latest, Melinda and Melinda, this weekend. Happy to say that I thoroughly enjoyed it. It isn't laugh out loud funny and some of the tragi-drama was a little off key, but, for what its worth, I found it to probably be the most satisfying Allen film since the great, Everyone Says I Love You.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?