<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, June 23, 2005

It's Game 7, ya'lls 

I know! I'm just as surprised as you. I thought the Spurs had it in game 6 until they folded in the last two minutes. Duncan's horrendous free throw shooting (Shaq, anybody? How about Nick Anderson?), Ginobili's truly awful decision-making (how many times can you dribble too deep into double teams and turn it over before you realize it's a bad idea?), and Antonio McDyess really shining for Detroit, as well as last year's Finals MVP, Chauncey Billups, who if Detroit wins tonight, really has a lock on earning the honor for a second time in as many seasons.

I'm just hoping for a good game tonight. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't rooting against Detroit (find me a Laker fan who likes Detroit and I'll find you a Leprachaun), but I just want more of what we've been getting in games 5 and 6.

Is this the tale of two Finals or what? The last two games were great, the first four were an abomination. It's almost like the Spurs and Pistons went WNBA on us and decided to make the Finals a best 2 of 3 series, using the first four games as warmups.

Here's to game 7! To Duncan's free throws, Rasheed's belt, Horry's threes, Chauncey's invicibility, SBC Center playing The Undertaker's theme music during Detroit's intros, Hubie Brown, and all! And together we say, amen.

Also, only six days until the Draft! Can you feel it?

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?