<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

It's Wednesday. That means today is going to suck. 

Another day of the listless and mundane. Job satisfaction has reached an all-time low. Still better than working at Burger King. I've been at work for two hours and haven't really done anything productive. It doesn't seem like I'll have to anytime soon. There's just nothing to be done. Wednesday. Hump day. Sloooooooooowwwwww day.

- ESPN drops their affiliation with the coaches poll. As the article details, this may be a promising omen for those sickened by college football's polling system. God bless the AP for withdrawing their poll from the B(C)S. In the meantime, fuck college football.

- The Michael Jackson jury is deliberating and who really cares?

- Saw Crash last night. Let me start by saying that it is a good film, but at times feels a little too contrived. Perhaps those "forced" moments would've played differently under a director other than the film's writer, Paul Haggis, who also adapted Million Dollar Baby (with that credit in mind, it's no wonder a couple scenes felt overplayed). The scene with William Fichtner, for example, just made me cringe -- and not because I was meant to feel uncomfortable, but because it was so unbelievably on the nose to the point where I almost didn't buy it. But otherwise, I thought it was pretty good and it is affecting. Solid ensemble cast. I recommend it with a miniscule grain of salt.

- I have to believe that while Damien Rice is an incredibly talented musician/songwriter, if someone were to sing one of his songs at a karaoke bar everyone would pull out a revolver and cap themselves in the head with no regrets. This is what I think of when I'm singing Damien Rice in the car.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?