<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, July 22, 2005

I can't tell if I like The Futureheads 

I've listened to their cd about a half dozen times in the last two days and still don't know what to make of them. It's got me all discombobulated. The only thing I know for certain is that I can't get enough of track 14, "Hounds of Love." It's a brilliant song and definitely stands apart from the rest. The Futureheads sound so strange. They're this mixture of post-punk, indie, new wave, and simple Brit-rock which all seems mainstream enough (these days), but actually sounds a little out there. It's sort of a surprise that they're commercial even though similarities to bands like Kaiser Chiefs are noticable. So, if I still can't make a judgement on the album, but am compelled to listen to it over and over, does that mean I like it? Maybe. That sounds like the mark of a good band or, at the very least, an interesting one. The Futureheads certainly appear to be that.

Seriously, go listen to "Hounds of Love." That song rules.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?