<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, August 01, 2005

I laughed and laughed and laughed 

"What do you call the act?" The Aristocrats!

What is truly remarkable about this movie is that it leaves you with absolutely nothing to talk about. It's really all on the screen. This is due, probably, to the fact that it isn't really a movie. Hell, it barely feels like a documentary. I'd liken it more to an extended late night talk show skit. Only more vulgar and funnier. And I loved it! Go see it if you ever want anything to be funny in your life ever again. Those 90 minutes have fulfilled my search for comedy for the rest of the year.

Oh, and one of the trailers - completely out of tone for what we were about to see - is a movie I've been highly anticipating for some time. The kicker (for me, at any rate), is that it is co-written by perhaps the foremost expert on the subject of soccer hooliganism, Dougie Brimson. Color me excited. Having just read Bill Buford's "Among The Thugs" (which I recommend) definitely has me in the mood for this.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?