<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, September 04, 2005

It was the best of times, it was the blurst of times?! 

Indeed, the blurst of times totally happened. The best of times, my friends, was when Team USA beat Mexico yesterday 2-0 to qualify for the World Cup Final next year in Germany. Quite a happy time, I tell you. Soooooo good. I love 2-0. And I love when the US beats Mexico. It's so satisfying. But of course, this post can not be completely happy. In fact, it is required that I suffer at least a little. And South Africa provided that suffering. They got blown out by fucking Burkina Faso. Let me say that again. 3-1 losers to fucking Burkina Faso. How do you spell "embarrasing?" B-U-R-K-I-N-A F-A-S-O. Seriously, the defense was cut up and left for dead. Let me clarify that South Africa was behind the 8-ball heading into this match. Ghana winning meant that South Africa absolutely needed a victory to keep pace for WC qualification. But what did they do? They rolled over and died. And judging by this 2005 calendar year, that's all they're good at doing. I swear, Bafana Bafana has suffered a massive setback since their unfortunate expulsion from the 2002 World Cup in Korea/Japan where they failed to qualify for the 2nd round based on goal differential (fuck you, Paraguay!) even though they played powerful Spain to the end. Such a narrow 3-2 defeat and, mind you, probably the worst I've felt as a sports fan. But what happened to this team? There's no discipline. No coordination. No nothing! I'll be on the level with you, South Africa doesn't deserve a spot in the 2006 World Cup. In fact, they're not officially eliminated, but Ghana has such a leg up on them, they may as well be. Those fucktards. Coach Stuart Baxter blasted the team for their performance on Saturday and deserverdly so. They exhibted pure pathetic patheticness. So pathetic. I mean... pathetic. USA: YEAH! South Africa: FUCKING BOO! FUCK THAT SHIT!

Ugh... maybe I'm drunk right now. Fuck.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?