<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Awesome awesomeness (so awesome), Kings, Dreams 

I just want to make sure everyone has seen this awesome awesomeness! A 13' Burmese Python in the Florida Everglades exploded when trying to swallow a live 6' alligator. That. Is. So. COOL! It's like those National Geographic shows where you always want to see who'd win in a fight between to different sets of animal. Like spider vs scorpions. I guess pythons and gators would be a draw. But the fact that there's combat at all is badass.

Happy to have the NHL back. Plenty of goals scored last night. The first ever shootout went down (Ottawa beat Toronto) and, of course -- wouldn't you know it -- the Kings managed to blow a 4-0 lead against Dallas. Really, that's quite a feat. Not many teams are capable of losing 5-4 after being up 4-0 at the end of the first period. But the Kings did it to themselves. Too many stupid penalties resulting in tired plays forever working on penalty killing. That's draining. Bad loss. Hopefully this isn't indicative of the rest of the season. Knowing the result, I'm a relieved that I missed the game last night, otherwise I probably would've puked on the cat in disgust. Anyway, LA hosts Coach Wayne Gretzky and the Coyotes tonight. Should be rockin'.

Had a bizarre dream about being put on trial for un-American acts. Me and two friends - one of my friends I haven't seen since college and some middle-aged woman who I've never seen before in my life - went sledding/toboganing down a snowy hill and comically crash into a metal rail. Passer-bys gawk and are outraged at our wipeout because posted on the rail is a sign that I hadn't noticed before. It reads that US Marines crashed into this very rail on their snow sled and died and now it is a national monument. So our crashing into it was a blatant act of disrespect. Treasonous, even, though I have no clue how that would be treason. But that's what the judge and the prosecuting attorneys declared. The trial was over before it started even though our defense of "we were just sledding, this is stupid" gained some support from a vocal, educated minority. And then, while I was still dreaming, I realized that this isn't too different from real life. It's just slightly exaggerated. How frightening.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?