<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

I dreamed a dream 

An interesting dream, to say the least. Perhaps even disturbing. For some unknown reason, I was just hanging out in my bathroom with NBA star Emeka Okafor. He's of an imposing frame, for those who don't know. Anyway, we're just chillin' and our house cat, The Chancellor (little bastard that he is), jumps into the toilet. I remember finding it annoying and Emeka took note of my grimace. So, good friend that he is, he flushed the toilet. I tried momentarily to retrieve the cat, but then decided, "Eh, that little crap deserves it." Emeka and I had a chuckle and talked about proper rebound stance. Sometime later, I guess The Chancellor had popped out a drain pipe in the back of the house (which is absolutely horrifying from a sanitary standpoint) covered in shit. The roommates found him and I got blamed for it. I felt bad for a minute, but then remembered, "Hey wait. This ain't my mess! It's Okafor's!" Then when I rushed back into the bathroom to find Emeka Okafor, he wasn't there. The roommates just stood there, disapproving. Turns out I had Tyler Durden'd Emeka Okafor. Weird.

Charlie and the Hotdog Factory.

Jason Bateman just had throat surgery to remove a polyp. That has to be one of my least favorite words. "Polyp." Ugh, God, it just sits there and eats at you. Anyway, I only mention it because it means further delays with Arrested Development. Can I just ask, how many freaking two-hour specials could Prison Break possibly have?! Nonsense.

I don't know if I like the new TV/Cell Phone direction we're headed. I'm all for progress and am pro-science, pro-tech advancements, etc. But are we so impatient that we can't simply wait to watch our favorite show once we get home? TiVo seems to have caught on well enough. What happened to phones just being, you know, phones? Now they're TVs and cameras and web browsers, pretty soon I'm sure they'll be edible. Enough, I say. Enough.

I know it's only Wednesday, but I already filled out an NFL picks sheet on behalf of a friend today, so I may as well just slap those here, too, while I'm at it. Up to 62-30 record, 15-6 in best bets.
Week 9:
Atlanta over Miami - Falcons are just better, Vick or no Vick.
Carolina over Tampa Bay - Bucs could be headed into a tailspin after loss to 49ers.
Cincinnati over Baltimore - Possible trap for the Bengals. They should be careful as they didn't really put Green Bay away last week while Baltimore played well.
Detroit over Minnesota - Gruesome matchup.
Jacksonville over Houston - Bank on it. (BB)
Kansas City over Oakland - I think the Raiders could pull this one out on the road, but I'll err on the side of caution.
San Diego over N.Y. Jets - No question. Chargers are a really good team. (BB)
Tennessee over Cleveland - Woof. Another stinker. I don't think there's a right answer here.
Chicago over New Orleans - I like what the Bears are showing me this year. They're going to win their division.
N.Y. Giants over San Francisco - After the way the Giants polaxed Washington last week? (BB)
Seattle over Arizona - Almost a sure-fire gimme.
Pittsburgh over Green Bay - Favre always rebounds well after a horrible outing. Steelers have to show up for this one.
Philadelphia over Washington - Should be a good'n. This week, the Eagles are Dr. Jekyll.

Monday Nighter
Indianapolis over New England - I never ever thought I'd be doing this, but I'm picking the Colts to win at New England. The Patriots have looked shaky all year and I'm not sure the return of Tedy Bruschi will necessarily right the ship. Don't get me wrong, the road to the Superbowl still goes through New England, but at this point in time, I'm prepared to bite the bullet and say that with their improved defense, the Colts finally win a meaningful game in the elements. Should they lose, I'll be kicking myself. Unless they're in a dome, I've never believed the Colts can contend in the playoffs. Sure, this is only regular season, but the stars seem to be alligned.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?