<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, November 28, 2005

Know what sucks? 

That very first Monday after a completely satisfying Thanksgiving break. Oh God, I do not want to be at work today. Especially after being on auto-pilot since Wednesday afternoon. That time off was much needed and will be sorely missed. Yeah. I think I watched all or part of, like, twelve movies over the last five days (including Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind which just gets better and better every time I see it) and who knows how much football and basketball, while vegging out on turkey leftovers. Man, that turkey lasted 'til Sunday. It was awesome. Also, a big shout out to Virginia Slim, Mainstream, and Bulldog. I never laugh as much as when we're all together (aww... seeping vagina sentimentality *fart*).

Despite it's anti-climatic climax, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire is just great and thoroughly enjoyable. Definitely the best film entry in the series thus far and, hey, really funny! I especially appreciate that Ron Weasley is finally becoming an actual character as opposed to this shaggy-haired non-entity who only cries out, "Harry!" after he's bumbled his way into danger.

Despite being a little disconnected for about the first hour, Syriana is a very solid film. Really, the only knock I have on it is that for the first 30-60 minutes of the film, we're given so much info that we don't know what to do with. Those scenes are all really interesting, but lack a narrative drive. However, once the story finally forms, this movie is terrific. Great performances across the board.

I found Arizona's 30-point whacking of Virginia to be completely satisfying. We're on the cover of Sports Illustrated's college basketball preview, so any good results to counteract that jinx are more than welcome.

That's about it, for now. Not much news from my world to report. Outlook has been much better as of late. It's been pointed out to me that I don't swig so much from the bottle as I used to. Which is good. And though I never got drunk these last few days, I did drink far more beer over that span than I have in a while, which felt a little bizarre. Still looking for that big pile of money to sleep on. Still looking for that greener side of the pasture. Still looking in general and I'm sure I always will be. So will you. Because once you stop looking, you die.

Mental checklist of things I need to do:
- WRITE
- Get the dryer fixed
- Finally get a new comforter (the dumb dog pissed on my old one about a month ago and I've been freezing ever since -- my own fault)
- Write
- Cut out sleep in order to incorporate the extra bits of work that are popping up this holiday month into my schedule
- Write, you fucking idiot, write! You call yourself a writer?! Piss on you!

Some holiday parties I am looking forward to. Some I am not, but mostly because they're of the career world. I think I'm already slated for four holiday parties in the next two weeks (oh, yes, how bourgeouise of me).

Why the hell is it almost December? Cripes.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?