<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

It's getting hectic out there 

These next couple weeks will be nerve-wracking thanks to the sudden need to find a roommate. Strangely enough, I haven't been feeling the pressure too badly. Until last night, that is when someone passed up on moving into our spacious house (albeit in the small, miniature room). Anyway, moving would suck, right now. But I wouldn't be heartbroken if it came to that. I've been able to keep myself pretty well distracted, though. Here's some reasons why:

The fight for Reality TV as seen in the LA TIMES and Defamer.

The new issue of SMRT-TV that includes my new column on why the college bowl season is retarded. Seriously, people, just go to sleep until the Rose Bowl on January 4th. I promise you won't miss anything in between. Promise!

And then there's some fun stuff in the news.

Raise your hand if you're at all shocked by this. Oh, and when the hell did wiretaps become legal? Sorry, not buying it, Dubya. But I can't do anything about it because, well shit, you don't have to care about being re-elected. What's an impeachment? I don't know either. Something to do with blue dresses or something.

Regarding the Chargers beating the Colts on Sunday... Can I say I told you so? I think so. I mean, yeah, I renegged on that upset pick at the last second, but I'd been saying all along that this was the game Indy would lose. Sure enough, they did. But now that they have that first loss out of the way and can focus on the Superbowl without having to worry about staying perfect, I think it's smooth sailing for the Colts. I will go on record, right now, as saying that the only team who can beat them from here out is... New England. The Patriots are hitting their stride at the right time and they're still the champs. That's an edge not relenquished easily in the playoffs.

You know I love hockey. Toronto beat the Islanders 9-6, last night. 15 goals??? Yo! More importantly, the Kings extended their win streak to three by knocking off Vancouver. Awesome. And I'm very excited that national hockey rosters for the Winter Olympics in Turin have started being released. The US published theirs yesterday with Canada to follow tomorrow. Scott Burnside has a strong breakdown of the team. I know Jeremy Roenick is pissed about being left out of the squad, but truthfully, his recent play doesn't warrant a roster spot. And yet, I probably still would've placed him on the team in favor of Mike Knuble or possibly even Jason Blake. Conversely, I'm shocked that the ancient Chris Chelios made the team (he'll be 45 by February) as Detroit is only playing him about 16 minutes a game. That's small potatoes for a top defenseman. I would've awarded that spot to either Brian Leetch or Paul Mara. Keith Tkachuk has been the subject of a lot of deserved criticism. Yet when he's on his game, there are few better power forwards in the world. Let's hope he shows up. Our goalies are suspect, but if DiPietro gets hot (by the way, he was involved in that Toronto/Islanders mess I mentioned -- yeeeesh), Team USA could get on a roll. Here's the roster with club teams for each player:

Goalies: Rick DiPietro, Islanders; Robert Esche, Flyers; John Grahame, Lightning

Defensemen: Chris Chelios, Red Wings; Derian Hatcher, Flyers; Jordan Leopold, Flames; John-Michael Liles, Avalanche; Aaron Miller, Kings; Brian Rafalski, Devils; Mathieu Schneider, Red Wings

Forwards Jason Blake, Islanders; Erik Cole, Hurricanes; Craig Conroy, Kings; Chris Drury, Sabres; Brian Gionta, Devils; Scott Gomez, Devils; Bill Guerin, Stars; Mike Knuble, Flyers; Mike Modano, Stars; Mark Parrish, Islanders; Brian Rolston, Wild; Keith Tkachuk, Blues; Doug Weight, Blues

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?