<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Things happen everyday 

Would it be too much to ask for a sniper? Seriously, this "man" is just a hate-monger. He needs permanent silencing. Lick my balls if you think I'm being hypocritical. I'm not the one cheering for genocide.

"Tookie" Williams is finally dead. Amazing how death row can transform a man from being a murderer into a glorified icon. I still support the death penalty, unpopular as it may be. Mainly because I don't believe that prison rehabilitates the majority of it's inmates and because we are governed by our actions and should be held accountable for them. If you choose to steal life, then yours is forfeit. I believe that.

You know, Iraqis all over the world are voting today in the country's first national elections. Some don't even know why:
"Why should I vote?" asked Umm Zainab, who sat on a street corner in Amman's bustling downtown.

"All the candidates are bad and they're not going to bring us security and prosperity," added a 42-year-old cigarette vendor from the Shitte holy city of Karbala. She declined to give her name in line with conservative Islamic tradition.

Some are just excited to be part of the process, tempered by a sort of giddy, blind optimism:
"We'll drive 250 miles and be happy about it," said 35-year-old Albert Rasho, who plans to travel with three friends from Las Vegas to Pomona. He left Iraq 15 years ago to avoid mandatory military service under Saddam Hussein. "I want to see my country free after all Saddam did."


Lighter news. Sacha Baron Cohen is hilarious. Have to love the way he's handled the removal of his Borat website by authorities in Kazakhstan. Apparently, it was too funny.

Don't look now, but everyone's least favorite NBA team (and my favorite) are on a roll after beating Dallas on the road last night. Kobe had 43 points on the defenseless Mavs. Lake Show go 4-1 on their road trip (excellent) and have won 5 of 6. Playoffs are very realistic. Kwame "poop-eating" Brown even went 6-6 shooting last night. Bwah?

Golden Globe noms were announced today. Holy crap, do you even care? I will say that I'm happy to see Terrence Howard's name among the list of acting performances. I don't expect him to win, but it'd be nice to see his turn in Hustle & Flow rewarded with an Oscar nomination. This GG nod at least fuels some fire to the campaign.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?