<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

It's not all bad 

I stayed up a healthy portion of last night watching live coverage of the Australian Open down in Melbourne. I practically had to -- Maria Sharapova was playing! And man, did she look incredible... in the first set. Ahem... Yes, and in her blue slip to, I suppose. I mean, if that's why you watch Maria Sharapova... Or something. It appeared the blisters in her foot caught up to her in the second round, but she toughed it out and moved on to the third round. My God is she strong. That cross-court forehand? Holy crap, that's power. See, when you're unemployed, you can stay up 'til 2:30 in the morning watching and dreaming of Maria Sharapova. I'd say that's a "plus." Then you can sleep for ten hours and have bizarre, crazy-ass fever dreams withing dreams until you finally force yourself to wake up at lunch time. But then you've lost your morning. Also, Melbourne at 8 o'clock at night in the summer? Complete daylight. I want to visit. For a month. I promise I'll only spend 3/4 of the time blitzed.

Big heartfelt thanks to all of you who have lent support to me the last few days. You'll be encouraged to know that I already have a job interview lined up for tomorrow. Thanks again.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?